Know Your NetaApril 17, 2011 at 14:35 pm
Knowing your Neta very objectively is an important step before making a decision on whom to vote for. This very opportunity of being able to know your neta before you cast your vote was brought forward by an organisation known as Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) which was established in August 1999 by a group of Professors from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad. They started working on building fair and transparent electoral and political processes in the country.
ADR has been doing Election Watches in almost all State Assembly and Lok Sabha elections - focusing on the issues of criminalization, corruption and the use of money power in politics. It continues to work towards strengthening democracy and governance in India by focusing on fair and transparent electoral and political processes. Recently, it has also taken several initiatives to make our political parties more transparent and accountable.
Before you vote for a candidate or a party, you can go through http://myneta.info/ to know in detail about the contesting candidates. The details provided are as below:
- Affidavits of candidates with their criminal cases pending against them, if any
- Financial assets of the candidate,
- Financial assets of candidate's spouse and his/her dependents,
- Financial liabilities and educational qualifications of the candidate.
'Improving and Strengthening Democracy in India' is the motto of the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR). ADR specifically focuses on:
- Working actively towards Electoral and Political Reforms,
- Working towards strengthening Right to Information as a tool and facilitating the process for attaining greater transparency of those people who are in power,
- Mobilizing public opinion, facilitating a dialogue between policy makers and civil society organizations for the empowerment of citizens.
What does ADR do?
ADR, in its quest for improving governance and strengthening democracy, is implementing activities that can be broadly categorized under two programs - Electoral Process Reform and Political Process Reform
|West Bengal »||View Candidates||Puducherry »||View Candidates|
|Kerala »||View Candidates||Assam »||View Candidates|
|Tamil Nadu »||View Candidates||View More »||Click here|
Myneta [Constituency Name]